Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bitten by the Love Bug and its brotherhood!

They say, 'The Icon is Back' but I say, 'My Love Bug Returned!'. Still blur on what I am talking about? *sheepish smile

I am referring to the reinvented, redesigned, remodelled Beetle! I have always loved the Beetle (having the audacity to name it the Love Bug henceforth :P), since I first saw it in Form 4, but the one I saw was the one with the really steep...butt. At that time, I think it looked really classy, fresh and exciting but when I saw the predecessor, I fell deeper in love. The original design came off as comedic, reliable and timeless and above all, appealing to me.

With the campaign aptly themed, 'The Icon is Back', the new Beetle design was unveiled to crowds of hundreds, or thousands perhaps, by Volkwagen Malaysia. Occupying two halls in KLCC, Hall 5 and Hall 6 respectively, and only for a period of two days (8-9th September), I believe it is planned to make the participants or attendees left leaving for more! >.<

PS. To all participants, I seriously recommend reaching earlier than your selected session so that you can really enjoy yourself in full. And I meant all three stages.

To start off, there was an exhibition of sorts along the walkway. Encompassing photos with the likes of P. Ramlee, Sudirman, Marilyn Monroe and really short write-ups of Love Bug, there is no shortage of vintage and more importanly, ICONS. But let's not forget the other side, where there are sufficient displays of Love Bug accessories . Truth to be told, I was glad I was allowed to go through the exhibition again, after returning my ticket, as I missed it the first time round >.<

And then The Show, was one of the most impressive things I ever seen! Beginning from old advertisements of Love Bug, definitely from 60s, if not 70s, to opinions about Love Bug from personalities (Patrick Teoh, Melinda Looi etc. etc.) and individuals who loved their Love Bug dearly. What came next was a dance performance meant to be illustrative of Love Bug, sadly, I didn't get it, perhaps due to my obstructed view. Nevertheless, I caught my breath the next moment, as Love Bug came out, in different colours! For this, I knew exactly what was happening. Love Bug was flaunting its sleek deeply-coloured metallic shell, effortlessly moving across the stage, displaying its smooth movements (really kudos to the  drivers and dancer!) and to keep us stupefied and entranced! Of course, the lightings added a lot more to the visual magic I experienced, and for that, I really took my hat off to the crew! My only dissatisfaction came from the really loooooouuuuuuuudd PA system. Personal opinion, the PA system was a real overload. >.<

After the spectacular session, we were 'ushered' to their display area, where other Volkswagen's cars were shown, and how I really envy the staff in-charge of keeping the cars clean. Forever armed with a trusty cloth, any fingerprint or fingermarks spotted will be wiped, with no exception! Respect their sharp eye! Not only that, they get to be around the cars all the time! *ahem, pardon that* Anyway, there was also a stage where at random moments, there will be some performances, like pretty models cat-walking and dances, but that's still like the side dish. The main part is, when the different VW models drove by, one by one, across the stage. And that was when I got love-struck by the Phaeton. I felt my jaw dropped and can imagine myself looking like an idiot! It was so elegant even Passat paled in comparison! And Passat, especially CC, is already so classy!

Ah, satisfaction be me after all that. No doubt I actually did more things, but to me, these are the highlights and I was glad I skipped my company trip for this. XD

PS. Perhaps some videos and pictures will be put up in one of the pages. So, do navigate around? XD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment