Saturday, September 29, 2012

Suffocated

I have really no idea where this is heading. There is just too much connectivity around me, that I feel the need to disconnect, to break off and to hide. Or to just have some time alone. Where I can come back, refreshed, renewed and recharged. To face the world, to take things in a stride and to view things differently.

The modern technology, without a doubt, helps to connect people all over the world. I instantly got connected with secondary classmates, that I had not chatted with for awhile, because I utilised modern technology. But the same technology, also enabled me to be easily accessible by work colleagues, hence blurring the line between work and life.

And then, with social media boom recently, friends seemed to be..a small meagre word. It no longer carry as much value as it used to be. And in my humblest opinion, friends are actually family, without blood relation. So, seriously, can you treat everyone as family? Give them equal amount of attention, put in equal amount of effort, without priority? I don't know, I really don't know. Now, a friend is someone you met once or twice or thrice, add on Facebook or have the phone number, talk a little, touch the surface and voila, F-R-I-E-N-D!

Of course, maybe taking things a little too seriously. But that is because I am all for making friends that last a lifetime, to see them go through live, to get updated of their happenings every now and lastly, to attend their funeral. I have this wish and desire that among close friends that I made, I will be the last one to die. I hate it if friends shed tears, unless it is for happy occasions. 

Everytime I go through my MSN's list or Facebook friends, and then connections in Twitter, I have the urge to de-activate the acocunt, to turn back time and make it such that I never opened the account before. But what's done is done.

Now, to get disconnected in a congested world is not easy. It feels so suffocating and day by day, my urge to become a hermit haunts me. But one day, maybe just one day, when I want to take a hiatus from everything and hide in a cabin by the lake, I will just let another person safeguard all my information for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment