Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Skyfall! Skyfell! Skyfallen!

Unexpectedly, I went to watch Skyfall today and I cannot really decide if I want to call it good or mediocre. Bad is out of the question because there are aspects of the movie which I did appreciate, and no points that I can complain about.

The cinematography and artistic sense was pretty well done. I mean, it was pretty easy to follow the flow of Skyfall. I did not have to wonder what is happening, so yeah, pretty engaging to me. In terms of the artistic sense, I am focusing solely on the opening clip that they made. Hauntingly beautiful.

However, it didn't feel like a proper James Bond movie. I don't know, perhaps it lacks the suaveness of a 007? It didn't seem like the sleekness was present either. Even the tagline, "Bond, James Bond.' didn't convey the aura it was supposed to. ><

In short, it is good as a movie but not really, as a Bond's movie. Yeap, that's my conclusion. Rewatch value... most probably not either.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment