Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Bumping in the Night

*super delayed post ahead

On a summer's night, is there any better way to give yourself the chills than ghost stories? Nope, none in my opinion. Which is why, on 21st June 2014, I attended Bump in the Night session, which is part of the Cooler Lumpur Festival for 2014(Theme: #Fast) and scared myself silly! >.<

Can you imagine, listening to ghost stories at night?? Yeap, GHOST STORIES. At NIGHT(precisely 11.59pm to 1.00am (or sometime around then)). And the stories were told by, in this order, Patrick Teoh, Susan Lankaster and Kamini Ramachandran, and I really got spooked out by them!! And that was after I try my best not to imagine or picture what is happening through their story-telling, but they are so good that even that method of mine failed!

Patrick Teoh started off the night with a story from a male adult perspective, presumably mid-twenties to somewhere in the early-thirties(my forgetfulness had kicked in!), returning home after a long time away and was reminiscing about his neighbourhood and house, until he finds it odd that his mother covered all the windows with black paper. Turns out, there was a park nearby his house, where a little girl was killed after being lured by the promises of red balloons. It would seem that the little girl has been going house to house, asking for the promised red balloons. Throughout the story, the little girl's last memories were unfolded and the male adult finally decided to grant her last wish, so that she can move on. However, it was this move of his that ultimately ended his mother's life.

The next story, told by Susan Lankaster, is the spookiest one of them all. And the subsequent one told by Kamini Ramachandran was less scary but still in the same tone.

However, since Procrastination took over me, I no longer remember the stories, which a big fat shame on my part, and for that I apologise.
Nevertheless, I remain hopeful that I get to enjoy this session in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment