Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Restoration, Resurrection, and Revival

Title pretty much sums up what this post is about, really.

4 years and more had passed since I last wrote anything here. However, recent conversations and what is happening around the world, made me realised that I do miss the moment of just letting my thoughts flow and fingers running wild. Of course, with that said, it does not mean I removed the brain-to-mouth filter but perhaps, just perhaps, I remove self-censorship and express myself without being prompted or asked. One thing for sure, to keep rantings to a minimum and only a one-liner in each post, if any.

Now, memory test of a fraction of what had happened since my last post:
1. Became older by 5 years (Duhhhhhh)
2. Learnt great lessons from 4 idiots (at different timing, of course!)
3. Changed job 3 times (with no breaks in between, at all)
4. Enrolled for 2 classes (Japanese and Date Selection)
5. Switched company 1 time
6. Made the transition from keypad phones to fully touchscreen phones (only because the distributor stopped selling that brand in my country)

Well, quite sure there are more but I guess these are my personal highlights from the past few years, the ups and the downs, the good and the bad and whatever else.

Not sure if I should credit Lady Fortunate, but I experienced the most growth in the career aspects, with all the sacrifices of not enjoying a proper "uni life" and coming out to work at a fairly immature age working out just fine now. Definitely not going to rest on my laurels, since I have, about 30 years left till retirement. Way too early to slow down or go easy on myself, especially when I have this unlimited capacity to grow and learn. Maybe the only blocker in my path is wanting to enjoy life a little; stopping by to smell random flowers and weed (hey, even grass have its own smell, ok? Don't believe me, next time pluck a grass and rub it between your fingers, there will be a lingering scent), listen to birds chirping and twitting (when they might be exchanging plans on whose head to poop on), or experience some peace and quiet in the open space rooftop area, catching a nap or two.

On the personal front, think my growth is less exponential. While I am still single AF with questionable suitors in line, I shall just take this time to develop myself, and put MYSELF first while helping others in times of need. Whatever happens, happens. Ain't gonna force, ain't gonna pressure.
Back to helping others, at times, what they want may not be the best for me but I shall be contented as long as they end up happy. Where I draw the line is when whatever they decide for themselves is going to turn out detrimental to themselves. At that point, what I will do is to highlight the pitfalls of their actions and the final outcome and yet, I still will not forbid them to pursue what they intended. I guess at the end of the day, I just wish and hope everyone finds their happiness, regardless if I am part of the happiness journey or ending. Perhaps this was one of the many great lessons I learnt from the 4 idiots but, I am glad the lessons happened. Made me a tad wiser and conscious of the fickleness of the human heart (not that I didn't know before but this really opened up my eyes and drilled the lesson deep).

With that said, while I know blogs are mainly thing of the past, that is not a massive blocker in coming back here to resurrect this part of my life. And my words may or may not be seen by another, but at least, I do justice to myself by letting the random fleeting creativity that attacks me gets released, one way or the other. This definitely not the last of me and the revival is only starting. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment