Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life : Meaning?

Ah, quite bored actually these few days. Been doing nothing but trying to study for the two PTs coming up next week. Kinda hard focusing on studying. Hm, maybe not meant to study but only do?

Anyway, reading a damn good book entitled error-nomics by joseph t. hallinan which explores the science behind making mistakes (ok, the actual subtitle is why we make mistakes and what can we do to avoid them). Quite an interesting read I must say, because it included many references, experiments and explanation.

For example, one issue touched on was, does more information makes you more accurate or merely increases your self-confidence? There is also the problem that our minds are automatically tinted with rose-colour. For example, you might think that things were actually better than it actually was! Mind you, these are the few things I picked up but truthfully speaking, the best about the book was only this sentence :

The currency of life, is not money, but time.

Which led me to think, so, value of life is, happiness? XD yeah, proud of myself to think up of it but in hindsight, I notice that people should have noticed that by now right? Since it is pretty much common knowledge.

And I just came upon this realisation (though, not to sound like a sour grape), I rather not get any World Prize, lest I am expected to be an outstanding employee. I am happy with passing everything by only using the first attempt, learning all the much more important living skills life will throw to me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment