Saturday, February 18, 2012

boom for the world!

boom, boom goes my heart~~


Ok, scrap that, I wasn't about to blog about the song. What I wanted to write about is the latest play KLPAC has got to offer us, boom. Of course, with a tagline like 'sex to change the course of world', its just a one that I must go, come rain, shine or typhoon!


XD anyway, boom is one of those plays where you have to watch with an open heart and creative mind. Why I say so? That's because the play is bombarded with expletives(that most of us are quite fond of) and lots of sexual innuendos.


So, from the boom poster/flier, we already know that Jules, an undergrad science wants to repopulate the Earth with a female, Jo(who came because of a sex ad) because a certain type of fish started a weird pattern of hiding which sort of gave him an indicator that the world is ending. But why do we have a mysterious lady out of the room area, pushing buttons and pulling levers?


I had great time watching the way the performers interacted  each other, the way Jules and Jo argues, scolds and understand each other slowly. Heck, even the mysterious lady(ok, she got a name, Barbara) had some antics up her sleeves!


And here is a little indicator of roughly how things should be:




Yup! A bed in the middle of the set.


Also, before I left for home, I managed to speak to the cast of boom and the director, and damn glad I did. Cause they  provided me with fresh perspective like the role of the audience(don't think u are just sitting  and watching!), how they prepared for it and it really made me learnt more about the performing arts!


A final word! Just go watch it! Yeah, even I am thinking about going back again. Since it will run practically every night until 26th Feb 2012 except for Monday. And remember, at KLPAC. Ticket prices are RM 35 for general public and RM 23 for Students, Disabled, TAS cardholders and UNHCR cardholders. Usually its starts at 8.30pm and on Sundays, 3pm. Do buy it at KLPAC box office or from http://www.ilassotickets.com/events.php?event=102


PS: No performances will be the same as I found out that the standard operating procedures is to have a post-mortem after each show. So, do go for each one? XD But I do hope that they noticed that in the heat of excitement, sometimes they spoke a little too fast that I find it hard to follow what they are saying.

2 comments:

  1. nice writeup.

    i would suggest letting your audience know the TIME and Ticket Price plus how to purchase the tix.

    ReplyDelete