Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dear Elena Sergeevna

Or Dorogaya Yelena Sergeyvena, as the title it is known in Russian. Before I proceed, this is a dark play. As in the genre is heavy, once you are done watching, you will be asking yourself so many questions about principles, ideals and morality. I know I also asked myself about cause and effect, humanities and things like that.

Anyway, the basic outline of this play goes like this : Four students, desperately wanting to change their grades for an exam they did badly, surprised their teacher, Ms. Elena, under the pretense of celebrating her birthday. But what turns out to be warm, rosy and happy eventually became ruthless, brutal and cruel.

Just a quick before, during and after pictures:
 Ms.Elena introducing her students.

 One of the moments I felt like slapping Vlodoya(the one lying down)

Ms. Elena, real tears and real emotion

Also, the stupid key that was the cause of all issues!


I would say, being my first time attending ACX Productions play, despite hearing so much about it, I was very impressed! Ms. Elena was just so heart-moving that I nearly cried towards the end, being a passionate teacher, one of the students, Vlodoya was such a detestable character I really wanted to slap him till my hand drop, Pasha was your typical Asian kid who got pressured to excel in life(this is how I relate to him though), Layla, a girl who suffered while growing up and decided her life will be better and finally, Vitya, so pure and innocent that he provides the comedic moments.

The performers were all real, in a way, to an audience like me, they are not acting, instead, they are living the moment. They take on the soul of the characters and incorporated it in them. I was hugely entertained and deeply moved, really a show not to be missed.

Before I forget, tickets are still available for 25th February 8.30pm show as 26th February is SOLD OUT! So, yup, head over to The Actors Studio in Lot 10, and purchase ticket from the box office. NOW! Prices are at RM30 for general public and RM 25 for students, disabled and TAS card holders. Also, if student groups of 10 people, get 1 ticket free!

Also, ask yourself at the end of the show, what type of secondary school student were you? Did you justify things you did with wrapped up ideals? Had you ever disrespect teachers? And what would you do if you were in their shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment