Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's the end of the world, now run SCREAMING!!!! In Blackbox @ MapKL

The silent frenzy, the simmering madness, the hidden lunacy!! That's all I can use to illustrate how I felt about this play! And bought to you by Electric Minds Project!

Enter the door and we shall proceed:

I was initially very lost at the beginning as the actors (ok, the script writer if you will) actually use lines or a method that follow-up from one voice to another. Besides that, I was sitting quite far from the stage (and also a little weak on hearing :P), so I sort of couldn't catch what was happening.

Though, that was only for the introduction. When it enters the 4 short plays, I began to understand more on what's happening. SPOILER ALERT : Post-apocalyptic situation! XD sorry, bad joke there. Serious SPOILER ALERT : The plays showed a myriad of events that can potentially happened when its the end of the world. What really caught my attention was the play about two men who believed in hope and survival while the other play managed to bought archangels down to Earth. Of course, the other two was interesting as well, except that it is a tad bit too much for me to handle. I cannot bring myself to talk about them. Its something that needs to be watched and experienced first hand.

The plays only constitute one part of the equation though. The other main part of the equation comes from the dancing. The dancing comes in 3 segments. I understand it as each represent different things. Generally, there was a certain disorganised feeling to them but I just can't help feeling that it was wonderfully choreographed.

One of the many faces of the set:


Credits to Alex Chua for the set design (the doors too!). The set is quite concise in my opinion. Perhaps mobile too! And the sets fit all 4 plays quite nicely. And in all honesty, the picture didn't do the set any justice. ><

Yup, that's as much disclosure that I'll make about the whole series. Do come to Publika's blackbox @ mapKL to catch them on Sunday 22nd April for the last show at 3.30pm. Tickets are priced reasonably (anyway, money doesn't matter when it's the end of the world, right?). Don't forget the informative programme booklet priced at RM10(definitely worth every single cent)

No comments:

Post a Comment