Friday, April 13, 2012

Life Sdn. Bhd. 8 : Human Trafficking @ TAS, Lot 10

Human trafficking, what a topic. Before attending Life Sdn. Bhd. session for the year, I was blissfully ignorant of such happenings. Of course I knew such terms, but the magnitude behind two simple words, it simply eludes me but after today, I am going to view each immigrant workers, beggars or even sexual workers differently.And that's just a small part of it, the bigger part would involve a whole long list that even this blog post can't fit.

Just a little intro(for those uninitiated), Life Sdn. Bhd. is not a play nor a musical. In my own personal opinion, it is a sharing session where individuals, regardless of how they are related to the topic at hand, were invited to share, to speak and to educate audiences about such happenings. For example, this year's topic is Human Trafficking and so, on the stage, we have NGO volunteers, from both the local and international scene, victim(s) of human trafficking and performing artists to further amplify the issue either by singing or dancing.

Before I proceed, Life Sdn. Bhd. 8 will be running from 12 April to 15 April, with shows nightly at 8.30pm except for 15 April, which will then be 3.30pm. Tickets are reasonably priced at RM35 for everyone except students, TAS card holder and less-abled, which will then be RM 25.

Here are the few heroes and heroines that presented for the day and their details are presented in the booklet,  available at minimum of RM 5 donation.



















When I hear the stories that each individual shared, I was moved to tears, seriously. Even the last pic, the lady was on stage but she herself cried, and I believe she wasn't the only one. Some of the experiences were just so unbelievable that I literally frowned and cried but nevertheless, its the truth and nothing else. After the whole session, I couldn't stand, I was literally shivering in my seat. That was the effect the session had on me. It felt like I had a whole different world shoved into my face!

Please, just attend the session and know about the issue better. We may have read news about human trafficking but trust me, those are just the tip of the iceberg. Experiences and informations shared in this session are like the one that is hidden from field of view. We, in every small minuscule way, can makes lives just a bit better and more bearable for such victims, if anymore, in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment