Sunday, April 8, 2012

Luna Bar. At. Last.

So many things happened within 2 weeks that I don't even know where to start! But one thing for sure that I must write is my virgin trip to a bar. Unlike the one in Bartender but still a bar. And not just any bar, but Luna Bar. XD

Ok, a short prologue before I start gushing about Luna Bar. It all started with a lecturer wanting to motivate his students to do better in exams and the incentive he would gave is a meal in Chili's. So, what happened was, for the sitting I did, only 4 of us went for the paper, so since its a small group, we managed to nail an additional treat, which is first round of drinks in Luna Bar.

At Chili's, it was more of a eating and chit-chat session. Feels good to be able to crap as well since the corporate is all about being prim and proper.  Also, the time at Chili's was just to wait for the KL city to turn into a breathtaking view(assuming you are seeing it from Luna Bar).  

Anyway, what I had for the first round, inspired by Bartender, was Grasshopper. Its quite a dessert-type drink because its minty and sweet but not before you experience the alcohol of it. So, first thing you get is to be kicked by the alcohol but the cooling and sweet sensation that you get after that was just fantastic! And its a frosty green that's just... easy on the eyes. And the male sign on the coaster is just perfect for me! :P


In Bartender though, Grasshopper was actually prepared Pousse-Cafe style, where the drink is supposed to have 3 layes, a white layer, red layer and green layer(don't really remember the order) and they are not suppose to mix with each other.

So, the drink I have next(aka paid for it myself) was actually Daiquiri Lime. This one actually carries sourness with a tinge of bitterness at the end. Not really strong alcohol presence. Decent for those who wants a slight taste and not overly strong drink.

Ops! Too eager to talk about the drinks that I forgotten to mention about the ambience, decor and view of Luna Bar. Well, in my most humble and personal opinion, this is a really great place to bring friends that you really want to get closer with because its has that casual and classy atmosphere to be in. Furthermore, you have great view of KL City, rumoured to even be able to see Genting Highlands on a clear day. I purposely did not take a picture of the view as I won't need to write, or more like, no one would care to read what I wrote.

Quick tip though if you really want to make a visit : Be there at about 8pm or when the sun is setting or after it sets, then you won't need to pay cover charge nor make any bookings. 
 
In short, its a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment