Monday, November 26, 2012

Green-eyed monster, gone!

I am inclined to think that over the years, the green-eyed monster in me slowly dissipated. Perhaps due to circumstances and incidents. Perhaps due to lessons from observations. Of course, as like most things, there are pros and cons to the disappearance of jealousy. XD or envy.

So far, the best part of not having any green eye is being more calm and relax. To live life in my own pace and enjoy whatever I already have. I also appreciate my surroundings, my family, my friends and every single damn thing I own even more. Stripping things down to the core, or basically the essence, became second nature to me.

However, there is an effect of complacency and nonchalant attitude, because I became a 'could not be bothered with you' type of person. Hence, I sort of fell behind the others. Being incompetent, laid-back and super slow in things I do. It surely is a problem in this fast-paced and record-breaking world, where most people always strive to be on the top, the best and the most. I even have the 'my loss, not yours' mindset.

Maybe, I killed off this sense of jealousy when I realised that things in life are meant to be. Although men are masters of their own fate, with karma and so on, to force things through is ultimately detrimental to oneself. To put it in a simple analogy, every creation is made at the expense (destruction) of something. So, I rather not be jealous and outdo someone or something at the expense of myself or anyone close to me. Instead, I choose to be happy for the one who got it and to go with the flow. XD

Life made easier and happier, no? Now, be gone for eternity, green-eyed monster, and change to some other 'colour'. Maybe yellow for happiness and contentment? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment