Friday, June 8, 2012

First half-yearly review of 2012!!!!

Just a general wrap-up because I might be too lazy when December comes. Most probably.
If you are expecting a month-by-month post, sorry to disappoint but this is a roller-coaster post(ok, merry-go-round might be the milder version)

So, to start off, I guess the biggest occasion that happened to me was the fact that I started work in an audit firm, which I used to evangelise and advocate. A lot. Unfortunately, turns out I was lured in by an imaginary big fat carrot which was never meant for me, but others. That's when I started bitching about the firm like hell. To be honest, people there are great and very sharing in knowledge, but the systems, operations and top-bottom culture is one of the worst I have seen.

But, after I took a one-month break to focus on one of my papers, I realised, hey, I might have sold my soul to the devil, but eventually, I will still break free. I depended on the devil to gain my qualification and an ounce of gratitude still needs to be there. With that thought, I recharged myself and my thoughts. I started opening my base in other areas.

Among others, I started frequenting KLPAC more often and began to write reviews of shows and plays that I attended, since I really want to spread the word about Performing Arts in Malaysia. No doubt it is growing but there is just so much more that can be done, so much more void to be filled and so much more support out there, untapped.

Ah, these are the major things that really affected me during the first-half of 2012. Just have a feeling that second-half of 2012 is definitely better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment