Wednesday, December 28, 2011

1st day of REAL WORK!

So, while I apologised for not putting anything up yet regarding my trip in Switzerland and United Kingdom and the long disappearance of the sky photos, allow me to entertain you with a story of my first day at work. Just in case question marks appear, my job is that of an auditor. At where? Give it a lucky shot. XD

Anyway, first day was just full of talk about certain proceedings in the firm and a quick run-through on stock taking procedures, I do admit I was eating more than listening(refreshments were provided), but I really learnt a few stuff about tipping-off and keeping some of your cards. Next up was to group us juniors with relevant senior members if they are around. Mine was someone I knew from my internship days, so it was fairly relax and I actually had nothing to do for the day. Well, not real work anyway. XD

But I still got two things done though, which is to open a bank account at a specific branch and fill up necessary forms as I want things to be done as quickly and as clear as possible (had some bad experiences with HR dept which left a slightly bitter aftertaste, like stout).

OK, guess that's how a typical orientation day works though, but they do love to make us feel unique by saying we are 'special' and there will be more orientation and training coming up (read: more free days! Woo hoo!)

And as apology for all the delays and what not, enjoy a random photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment