Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's all about Malaysia!!!! Malaysia Boleh!!

XD Title actually seems a little quirky, even in my opinion, but guess that is the best way to sum the things below. So, be warned that they will be no political views or independence declaration. XD

Actually, first thing up is Malaysian Girls musical that I attended last year (actually not that long ago, just one or two weeks back) at KLPAC. I went alone despite KLPAC having a buy one free one promotion regardless. Obvious reason being that I enjoy watching performing arts alone. Its like, I really get to be in a world of my own.

Back to the musical, in all honesty, it was awesome!!! (note: by Malaysia's standard) The first thing that awed me was the storyline actually, I mean, where in the world do you actually get to know about pageant training schools (do correct me, I am quite sure I might be wrong) and the things that they do. Then, the next aspect, the singing and dancing were just damn great that I couldn't help but to tap my feet as a way of joining them. But you know what I love best? It is the backstage people, like the director, choreographer, musicians and support staff. Without them, things might not be able to run as smoothly as necessary. For example, towards the end, one of the performers collapsed due to health reasons and support staff actually dealt with it quickly enough (I was really worried about her but also partially thought it was part of the show). Yeah, a truly glitzy and glamorous production!!!

Next up, about Malaysia Boleh is that I recently bought a calendar from Bolehland.net that covers 12 months. But to be fair, the calendar is actually a collaboration project between MiaoWafuPafu, Bolehland.net, Bro, don't like that la, bro and Pauline, where all 4 of them are actually comic bloggers. My personal favourites are actually Bolehland.net and Bro, don't like that la, bro because they are just downright funny and lame wei!! All their post, if not most, captures the true Malaysian spirit.

All in all, it is still about Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I still love my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment