Wednesday, November 10, 2010

9.11.2010!


Taken on 9.11.2010, which building do you think this is? XD, its actually THE ORANGE of orange, pink and white trio (eating places around Sunway University-College).

Anyway, today was quite ok, good even! Well, first off, had Principle of Taxation in the morning and Mr. Simon did us a great favour by revising chapter 11 a little. I also want to apologise to Lee Ning and Wesley for not reminding earlier about the class. Then right, Chapter 12 is gonna be a big, big headache but nevermind, I shall persevere!!

Following up, I had Thinking Skills and Mr. Mike really go like a bullet train. But I sort of have the feeling that he went so fast is because he want us to read up by ourselves? Anyway, as promised, he ended class early so that a few of us can go help prepare for ICAEW Cocktail Party (though we actually did not do so, story further down).

Had the honour of sending Arthur back to his house though. Then, after that, it is one-way ride to Bangsar then my house then KLCC with Adam, Amelia, Cheok and Wei Ken. I still got a long way to go and definitely much more room for improvements. But one thing for sure, I LIKE MANUAL MORE!!!!!!

Anyway, due to some delay here and there (you know, the usual hiccup in plans), we(meaning Adam, Cheok, Wei Ken and me la) only manage to reach KLCC at 5.00pm. Then, right, I think with this ICAEW Cocktail Party, my reputation gone la! T.T, sad case ain't it? Seriously, my reputation of being handsome, gone la, Gone with the wind. T.T

Ok, so my job there is basically to guide the participants to the lift. Imagine standing for 2 hours and doing that only. I really don't know how normal people wear heels and survive cause mine is only about an inch and now my legs are still aching(as I am writing this post). Eventually, we closed off and I returned back to Petroleum Club. My new job there is to give out souvenirs for the participants. Guess what ICAEW giving?

A MOLESKINE NOTEBOOK AND A PENDRIVE WITH COOL ENCASING!!!!!!!

Seriously, when I was there, I salivate not because of the food but because of the souvenirs. Alas, the souvenirs were snapped up. Totally.
Back to the event, I enjoyed myself pretty much, although I was only informed quite last minute and without much notice. Yeah, at least I get a glimpse of how networking events work. Cause the last few I attended.. was never on this scale. I mean, World Congress of Accountants speakers presence really make things magnified.

So, in a conclusion, some of the memorable conversation of the day:
1. I spoke to Johan Raslan(JR), Managing Director of PwC Malaysia. Nah, actually story is Randy asked Johan Raslan to take photo with us. Then, right, he asked us which firm did we work in then, please read the below:
JR: What about you?
JK(me): I interned at somewhere else?
JR: Somewhere else, where?
JK: BDO
JR: Laugh/Snicker/Giggle, (whichever it is la)
and sorta bow. I don't know why though. Still manage to bring a smile to me whenever I recall it. XD

2. Scenario is driving on the road:
The stooges in my car were keeping record of the speed I drive, then every increase also they will hooray! Break new record liao! Wah, so fast! That kind of thing. Then, suddenly, the big vehicle in front of my slowed down (actually not really near la, got quite a big gap), so
JK : Wah! Gonna bang the front car liao!
Arthur, Adam, Cheok all show me palau face and shouted: Got another 10 meters la!!!!

Yup, that's pretty much about it.
Orange never fail to make me happy. XD


PS. Palau is a word from CFAB July 2009 language. It means ignore and specifically used for facial expressions. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment