Monday, November 1, 2010

AniManGaki 2010 : A Success Story!

Yup yup! AniManGaki 2010 was a great success! Although with all the problems that keep popping up at first, we manage to pull it off with a BIG BANG!! I am really glad that I joined SUAC last year March. One of the things I will never regret.

Well, beside taking a break from blogging about Penang and Langkawi trip, I also want to blog this first, because I am afraid history repeats itself and then I don't remember what to blog again for AMG '10.

First of all, although AMG '10 is a one-day event, nevertheless, it took us, SUAC people, months and months to plan what to do, gather sponsors and co-ordinating with outside parties. The brawns only came in on 30.10.2010 and AMG '10 day itself. XD I believe I saw the both sides because I was in sponsorship dept. and logistics dept. at different timeline.

Anyway, so for AMG '10, I woke up late. Gah!!!! So, wasted about 2 hours to help before the set up. Arrive there just in time fro AMG '10 to start.

So, just a short good and bad one in point form:

Good:
-AMG '10 was packed to the max! Tickets were sold out way earlier than expected and I think the rough estimated number of visitors we had at the end of the day was 1,200 people!!
-Cosplayers were damn cool and they all did their best! Particularly liked the one who cosplayed as Hisoka from HunterXHunter. I mean, when he manage pull it off, ain't that what cosplay is all about?
-The MCs were great!! They did all they can to make the whole event fun! The best part, they are willing to spend time with us for the post-mortem this year. Where do we get to find such good souls anymore?? ROCK ON GUYS!!!
-While I did not manage to spare time to enjoy the activities, I had great fun being the 'cleaner' though, I wonder if carrying a broom around is a bad idea.
-The AMG '10 t-shirt!!! Muahahahaha!!!
-All activities, matsuri games and haunted house is definitely happening!! Can see throngs of people throughout the day at all these places!

Bad:
-I think the rubbish bins issue needs to be arranged properly next year (translation : Jowena, you gotta do a better job next year!)


XD, well, I am only good at bragging la, so, what do you expect?

A short summary:

I woke up late but managed to reach in time for the event to start. I think that the food booths were a great addition to the whole event!! Because for the first time, I felt full in an event. Basically, had a rice, courtesy of Ms. Jane (teacher advisor), burger, honey lemon juice, Gintoki special (strawberry milk with pearl) and 2 snow ice. XD.

The cosplayers!!! OMG man!! I feel so happy for all of them cause they all looked really nice! I really respect their level of commitment and dedication. As mentioned before, I particularly liked the Hisoka cosplayer. There is Kagura from Gintama that is worth mentioning as well.

I think the bigger surprise was seeing Mr. Simon at the event. I think he was there accidentally. But it was great talking to him. Cause he really provided a lot of suggestion and ideas to make AMG even better in general although he is not SUAC's advisor or anything. Hat's off to you, Mr. Simon.

Now, what else did I not write??

Meh, will combine the planning stage and post-mortem in one post. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment