Sunday, April 11, 2010

Real half-way of CFAB

So, I got 70 for Assurance. Honestly, I am satisfied with myself. Maybe due to my lack of creativity, I don't place that much importance on 'flying colours'. Anyway, I should be writing about my first half of CFAB life. How fast time flies... I can't even remember when can time pass so fast.

So, let's start from Orietatation. XD, damn funny leh this day. Until today, I am still getting comments like I was too fierce, acted like gangster and damn noisy. I still remember that orientation was a really small event in a small room with a small number of people. We never had the luxury of having the orientation in the Multi-Purpose Hall but precisely because of this small room we had, it was easy for us to bond with each other. The best part is still that the class only got 10 people. So, in a way, there is this cosy feeling.. XD.

Then, our favourite hobby for the entire 1st semester(July 09 to December 09) was to play *ahemchotaidiahem*. When we entered the 2nd semester (January 10 to June 10) we added *ahembluffahem*. I wonder if we will be adding more games into our hobbies. I mean we have the relegation rules so that everyone can play...XD.

Moving on to the academic aspect aka lecturers. All of them are damn cool and nice. Since it is half-way of CFAB, so I guess I will only name all those that existed from July 09 to March 10.
Ms. Ruzlena - Accounting (AG) lecturer and she is damn nice. She made us know what is AG and her notes are damn easy to understand. Another of Ms. Lena best point is that she will tell us a little (funny) story to keep us awake and it usually has something to do with her family. Financial Accounting will be the paper link to this and of course, hopefully she teaches us.
Ms. Geetha - Management Information(MI) lecturer and she is quite cool as well. MI was a subject that I accept quite easily cause it is all arithmetic. But the difficult parts come when you don't understand the terms. I mean, the terms just sound weird~~ XD, but the best part about Ms. Geetha was that she sort of promise us that she will be teaching us Financial Management (Yay Ms. Geetha!)
Mr. Ong - Assurance (ASs) lecturer and seriously, a lecturer that ROCKS! AS subject became really understandable when he teach because he will use real-life examples and crappy jokes to illustrate the point. But the final thing is, I really really really really wish he will teach us in Application stage for Audit and Assurance paper.

Those are the 3 lecturers for the main papers. Actually I have a Business and Finance (BF) lecturer that teaches from Jan 10 to Jun 10. Just to touch a little bit on her, Ms. Ezrina is a cool lecturer as well. I mean, she really tell us relevant stuff like how business works, conglomerates and things like that. Which I will never ever know at all. Regardless of the fact that I am in this course. XD

One more perks about being the (small) first batch, the lecturers tend to be closer to you and more personal. We actually get to yam cha and eat with our lecturers, provided the lecturers don't mind of course.

Oh yeah, not forgetting the other subjects lecturer. The lecturers for subjects needed to fulfill MQA requirement:
Mr. Tan - Business Maths lecturer and the first lecturer to talk about the business issues to us. In a way, he started letting us realize what is business all about.
Ms. Malathi - English 1 and English 2 lecturer. She is really really fun. I mean, she made our activities very interactive and the entire class get to bond with each other because most of her works given requires group effort. So yeah, Thank you Ms. Malathi!
Mr. Quah - English 3 lecturer and quite an informative lecturer in the sense that the things he teaches relates to topics we had learnt in our main papers.

I guess that's all. Maybe there are more things that I could have put in but I can't really remember.. XD

Two little boys were playing police-and-thief by the pond. A girl timidly approach them, wanting to voice her interest in playing with them but her words were blown by the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment