Sunday, May 2, 2010

A MIdsummer Night's Dream

Did I just do it? Or was that an illusion to mock me? The sweltering heat of summer is really driving me nuts, despite the trickles of rain that appear occasionally.
Wait, back to the main point, I actually went by myself to watch A Midsummer Night's Dream at KLPAC. Oh my god, I achieved orgasm/ejaculation point I think. The storyline by itself, created by William Shakespeare centuries ago, really make sense and can touch the audience, the director's vision and characters' interpretation is really impressive as well. The background songs/OST is damn cool!
I am really glad I took the initiative to request for an inivitation. Although I have to miss steamboat at a friend's house, no regrets came pouring through me like how I usually felt. This is the effect the play had on me.

Before I continue ranting, first of all, hats off to everyone involved in the production, the stage people, co-ordinators of everything, director and last but not least, William Shakespeare.
I think the part that make me the most amazed is tha fact that the play was done in Shakespeare english. For that alone, I applaud.
Another thing is that, the entire cast broke the 'fourth wall' in this interpretation/adaptation which I rarely gets to see.
By the way, it is really funny how the actors/actresses match their movements with the songs provided.
I was also immensely entertain by the little random stuff that the play include, like Titania singing. Crossdressing were also featured in the play, and oh my, I think that is the best part!

XD, and I think the director's aim has been achieved because I too do wonder was it a dream that I witness such a magnificient play or did it really happened? Of course, this sort of one-off thing is best left in the heart. ><, my review or experience didn't do any justice at all. T.T

I do not wish to go against Gracian Baltasar but in this case, I think I rather not forget it. It hits the heart too deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment