Thursday, May 17, 2012

Artificially Intelligent Improvholics Anonymous in KLPAC

Aiiiyyyyaaaahhhh!!!!  If you missed this Improv Comedy Show showing now at KLPAC, you just wasted one of, possibly, the best moment in your life(ok, this is just a personal opinion, but the show is just so damn good!). AI:IA or Improv Jom? is made possible by Playground Productions . So, at every moment of the show, just remember them while enjoying the show. LAH!

For once, I have no storyline to spoil nor lessons to share or even, insights to provide. Instead, what can be offered is BUCKETS and BUCKETS of LAUGHTER!!! Because AI:IA is just that. The whole team works on an improvisation basis... about everything! Heck, even for each sub-session, the Improvisers are not even pre-determined! You know the most surprising thing? Although they work on an improvisation basis, they still look organise and all. I honestly wonder how they prepared for the show.


Moving on, can you feel the sheer simplicity of the set? A table for the 'host' of the particular mini-session, benches for Improvisers to sit on and a keyboard for the keyboardist(oh yeah, even the back ground music is based on improvisation). Nothing else. I mean, I have gotten use to plays having versatile sets but such a simple, simple set? First time for me, seriously.

Ah, I can also shared what happened during TODAY's show though. First, an audience(Ming/Meng, I don't know how to spell his name XD) was pulled to the stage and shared what happened to him during the day. Guess what the team did? They re-enacted the guy's whole day. In three different versions. LOL-ensued.


This is the audience whose day got re-enacted. XD (No idea who you are, mate, but you are good sport)

Ok, that was just one of the many. The team was just so talented that besides Improv Acting, they also did Improv Musicals!! I am in awe of them! I mean, if I really counted how many sub-sessions there was, I would reach a figure of 11! Eleven! Sebelas! Within 2 hours, they packed in 11 sessions of guaranteed laughter! But one thing for sure, audiences input matter a lot to them XD Now you know what to do when you go watch them, right? ;)

And behold, the Improvisers which are made up of the following craziest people :


And the super-versatile keyboardist (he is damn impressive!):


Ok, my final words then : AI:IA will continue its run in KLPAC until 20th May, with shows on 8.30pm on everyday and additional 3pm shows on 19th and 20th May. And then, for this amount of enjoyment, RM35 for each ticket, unless you are a student or a disabled, which makes the ticket RM25. If you want to buy online, this option is possible too(just click on the online word).

Remember to just enjoy yourself and laugh your heart out!! I remember the effect was so great, I practically sped back home whereas on usual days, I only drive about...40km/h? Yup, its that gooooooooooood

No comments:

Post a Comment