Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mayo Chiki - Meido and Hitsuji galore!!!

It has been so long I found an anime that I enjoy . Not solely because of the Hitsuji (butler) and Meido(maid) in the anime, but because of the whole storyline. Besides, there are so many elements in it that I can click so well with!

Just a little spoiler : Konoe Subaru, a modern-day butler, who serves Suzutsuki Kanade, is forced to cover up the fact she is female, because in the Suzutsuki household, only guys can be butlers. Unfortunately, Sakamachi Kinjirou found out about Subaru's secret and thus, let the journey begins where Jirou tries all his best to help Subaru out. (General storyline end here)

First of all, Subaru is cute!!! She is so cute that whenever I sees her, I just turn into a puddle of goo! But she is not the only cute one though, Mayo Chiki gladly included Kureha(Jirou's imouto) as the genki girl, Usami as the tsundere type and Narumi as the nekomimi!! The only girl I can't put my finger around is Suzutsuki Kanade, she is just so different from the others and the things she do.. its like, she takes things further than just 'the end justify the means', she made sure the 'means' turn out interesting too! XD

Secondly, I had always wanted to be a butler. Butler is like the epitome of efficiency and elegancy. Let me make myself clear, I wasn't influence by Kuroshitsuji, I was influenced by Bartended actually. And from Bartender, I wanted to choose a path where the scope is wider, I landed the Butler field. Unfortunately, not much market in Malaysia, so forced to take ICAEW instead. XD

Also, Lamb/Sheep is a heavy element in this anime. See the similarity with my profile pic? XD Well, actually, my main point is, there are quite some references to pop culture, I suppose. LIke the Lamb, its actually named Silent Lamb. Or, in some episodes, Mirai Suenaga made cameo appearances, if I recognised correctly during that split second. XD

I know I am far from making Mayo Chiki sounds interesting but trust me, when you will, that this is one anime worth watching. While it may not have generated rave reviews or super much publicity, this provides so much entertaining without being psychotic or mentally disturbing! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment