Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hyperactivity reigns!!!!

XD, on 26.9.10, I went to do a stocktake!!!

Yeah, it might sound like a super dull word but seriously, I think I manage to learn a little. So, here is my experience:

Well, first thing off in the morning was to assemble in front of Menara Uni Asia at 8am. As usual, I was late (this time a few minutes only. XD) and finally we start the road to the client's place (thanks Frankie, Eugene and Shan!!!) . Luckily, being Sunday, the cars on the road was minimal and we managed to reach Klang in about 40 mins. Oh yeah, at the less developed part of Klang too. Where building were quite sparse save for a few factories and some widely-spaced houses.

So, seniors arrived after us and briefing from client's staff starts. Basically regarding how they do their stock calculation, location and things like that. Milk and sugar are the most valuable items here. We also sorted out among ourselves on who will be in-charge of what and things like that. I was teamed up with a Pui Sze (I assumed her name to be spelt like this), a quite cute girl. XD. We were required to check the Packaging stocks like labels and cartons. I mean, one of the client's activity is to print this sort of things.

Anyway, what we did was basically choose a few items to check "List to Floor" (Existence) and "Floor to List"(Completion) Ahahaha, hope I got that right, I kinda forgot. Then, had a great time observing the forklift at work and a word of caution, it is dangerous.

The only downside was the fact that the production machinery is not working today. Because if they do start production, all of our stock-taking will go haywired! I mean, they need raw materials to produce their finished goods. Anyway, still no complain, cause I actually enjoyed myself quite a lot.

Meh, the juniors(meaning the 5 of us : Frankie, Eugene, Shan, Pui Sze and me) finished early because basically the things that we choose as samples didn't pose any problem to us at all. We did not have to check for discrepancies/variances/differences at all. Lucky us. XD. Frankie had a funnier experience. He said that his guide(basically the one bringing us all over the warehouse and storeroom) asked him to count the stock as well. Due to the fact that he finished early. I can sort of see a role reversal here. I mean, instead of the guide following Frankie, Frankie was the one that followed the guide (><, should really get his name, cause I think I am being quite rude).

Anyway, the 5 of us started chit-chatting while waiting for the seniors. We spoke any crap under the sun and finally, we decided to go makan ady. Of course, with permission from seniors. Then we ate at this Bak Kut Teh shop, both version aka soupy and dry. Quite satisfied with the food there. Except for the fact that eating slow made me eat much less, ><. But yeah,I enjoyed my meal with the 4 of them.

Well, basically that's the end of my day cause the return trip was wasted with me sleeping but still being able to listen to everyone's laughter. XD

Adios, amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment