Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tanggal 31 !!!!

31st of August for every year reminds me only one thing :

School-Wide Celebrations!!!

Yeah, cause I study in a school where kindergarden, primary and secondary levels are under one roof. Withour fail, annually, the celebrations will include a lot of us drabbed in traditional clothings. And we sort of have half-day off from studying due to the various celebrations.


I think my best memories from my schooling days celebrations were :
1. Decorating classes for the "Best Decorated in Merdeka-Theme Classroom"(yeah, title kinda cacat-ed by you get my drift)
2. Singing a mix-and-mash up version of "Malaysia Truly Asia" where we sang certain parts in English, Malay and Chinese (by the way, today I found out that there is a Japanese version of it in Youtube, forgotten the title of the video though. ><, apologies if you were interested. XD)
3. Participating in Inter-Private School Choir Competition, that was specially held in conjuction with Merdeka celebration. I forgotten what songs we sang but definitely in our line-up was, Setia. Cause it was out grand finale!! The funniest part was, we (5Sc1'ers) practised for about 2 weeks, due to the sudden change of songs(we can't sing Malaysia Truly Asia as a patriotic song T.T) and the teacherS, who were actually quite well-trained in Music, kept changing our harmonization, (I think that is the word though). But! We still managed to get 3rd placing, which surprised all of us. XD

Meh, 2009 was kinda boring though. No decorating of class, no singing. And got nothing!!

This year, 31.8.2010, it was a little bit more special than my non-schooling year (aka year 2009). I managed to finished a novel, entitled This End of the Rainbow by Adibah Amin. I was slightly late in realising that it touches on an issue close to all of our hearts. RACISM.
When I finished the book and think about it, then only I noticed, Hey, on Merdeka day, I completed this book. Seriously, scrap off all the politic talks and only introduce this book to childrens. Way more effective than Moral, Malaysia Studies or even National Service for that matter. The level of English is kinda easy anyway. Children can learn more words anyway. XD

Ok, that's it for today folks! see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment